Monday, October 13, 2008

A Quote from Epicurus and Kate

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”

Now if that isn't the quote for all.

Lately I have been extremely overwhelmed. Just fed up, tired and DONE with everything. I sometimes just want to run away I am so knee deep in crap to do. I want to lay around and read, watch sappy movies and eat bad food. But no I get up get the boys off to school, work out, do some running around and fold a ton of laundry and put it away, then do hair all afternoon and get the boys then hair all night and start all over again the next day. Boo hoo Deena. Well I saw this quote today on a gender determination board. I use to frequent them a lot when I wanted a daughter so badly.

It just struck me as so true. When I just had one son for 11yrs, I wanted another baby ANY baby so badly. With the help of Clomid I finally got him, then I wanted a girl, and well that went on for yrs. During that time I did love what I had already but I constantly wanted more. Now I look back over the past 8yrs and I can't believe that once upon a time, I just wanted one more child. .... and now my oldest is about to be 19yrs old.
Now I have those children and I want "just to become a successful writer"
It is always something with me. I am glad I am driven and determine, but I need to stop and smell the rose so to speak... be grateful for what I DO have, because is is A LOT more than some and many would love to have what I do have.... 6 healthy beautiful (sometimes little demons) children.
Yes it is hard right now juggling it all, but those monster babies are worth it. Every single one of them from the oldest down to the youngest. I will succeed as a writer, as long as I put my fullest effort into it... when I look at the truth of things, I am not putting my fullest effort into it. I don't write on my book every day like I should and I don't promote Poppies like I should. So what I do need to do is stop complaining and get my butt in gear to succeed in what I still want... but I have to look at what I do have and be grateful at the same time.

What is it that Kate from John and Kate plus 8 says?

"Today, I could very well lose my mind........(I will put raising 6 kids here LOL)

It might be a crazy life, but it's our life"

Breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out.... it isn't suppose to be easy I guess

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I can totally relate Deena!! Some days, its all rush, rush, rush here all day (we are just doing one thing after another) and mine don't even go to school. I can't even fathom what my life would be like having to get kids up earlier and ready and out of the house for school.

I heard a song on the radio today that made me think about all this and Doug and I were talking about it in the car. It was about how you will miss the present once its the past (and I can't for the life of me remember what it is, but it was on the country channel and had the lines "you're going to miss this..." lol if that helps!

Anyways, Doug and I were talking about how much we would miss our crazy life once all our kids grow up on us-makes me appreciate the chaos that much more. I was at a point 6.5 years ago when I wondered if I would ever be a mother, so on the craziest of days when i just want to cry from frustruation, I need to remind myself how truly luck I am (and it can be a challenge on those days I can't even take a 1 minute bathroom trip to myself, thats for sure!!!)!

Deena6a said...

Hey I just noticed this message! I can relate Melissa girl!